Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Break

My winter break was much more relaxed than normally.  This is because for the last couple of years, I have traveled out of the state for most of the break.  However, this year I did not because I am going on a cruise for spring break.  I was ecstatic for winter break to start because I was exhausted from waking up early for the past two weeks and I needed to be able to sleep in.  I slept a lot during break.  It was very relaxing and it was nice to not have to get up early for a change.  Before Christmas Eve, I did almost nothing.  I watched TV, ate,and slept which is what I am good at doing.  On Christmas Eve, my family and I went to our church to celebrate the holiday.  My best friend Drew Taylor went to the same service as us, which was interesting.  He only goes to my church for Christmas service, therefore; it was exciting to see him there.  After the service my family and I went to dinner at Eddie Merlot's.  Eddie Merlot's is the fanciest restaurant I have ever been to.  I stuffed my face with filet mignon, salad, bread, coke, and banana's foster.  Everything was absolutely delicious.  I did not eat for 36 hours after that meal because I was so full with the fantastic food.

Christmas came and I did not ask for much.  I received gift cards, a north face, and two tickets to the Bengals game on new year's day.  I was very pleased.  My other family members came over and we ate dinner and socialized.  I slept a lot more after Christmas as well.  I went to a volleyball open gym which got offered me a little exercise ut other than that I was a slug.  I did nothing until the Bengals game on New Years Day.  The Bengals lost in dramatic fassion, but ended up making the playoffs for the third time in the last 20 years.  Then yesterday, I actually had to do work.  I worked on my math packet and went to volleyball to get ready for today.  Overall i had an enjoyable winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment