Monday, August 29, 2011

Helen Keller's Narrative Response

This narrative only changes my view on her a little bit because I have studied Helen Keller's life throughout my schooling.  I have read books, watched movies, and discussed between my peers about her extraordinary struggle with words.  When she finally realized that everything has a name, that  must have been one of the best days of her life.  Her world finally had meaning again and she now yearned for knowledge.  I thought that the line that compared her life to a ship in fog was very moving.  I could visualize her being lost in a sea of fog and then when she learned that everything has a name a beam of light shone through and was guiding her towards greatness.  Helen Keller is a remarkable women and she should be remembered as someone who persevered through her disabilities and as a role model.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you already knew a great deal about her; I'm always shocked when people don't know anything, because I think she's remarkable

    ReplyDelete